Wednesday 15 February 2012

Chocolate Cereal Crumb Slice

I have been so slack in the cooking department lately.  My brain hasn't been able to get past the quick and easy food that I have been making for years.  No new recipes have been cooked, which is pretty sad really.  Now that school is back, I hope to regain my cooking mojo and start working through my cookbooks again.

This recipe was selected for its super fast making time and the fact that I had everything on hand last Saturday morning lol.  I desperately needed something for this week's lunchboxes and wanted to try something new at the same time.  This recipe filled those requirements.

The kids loved this, well all except Buddha cuz he don't like chocolate lol.  You can add dried fruit to it as well if you like but since I didn't have any on hand, I left it out.



CHOCOLATE CEREAL CRUMB SLICE

2 cups of dried cereal crumbs (I used the crumbs from the Vita Brits)
1 cup of Flour (any flour will do)
1/2 cup Coconut
2/3 cup Sugar (brown or white)
1 cup of Chocolate Chips (I used some Nestle Chocolate Melts)
1/2 cup of any Dried Fruit (I left this out)
120 grams melted butter or margarine
1-2 tablespoons Milk

Melt the butter in microwave or on stove top.
Add all other ingredients and enough milk to get a slightly moist consistency.
Mix well.
Press into a lined lamington tin and bake in moderate oven for about 30 minutes.
You can ice it if you like but it really doesn't need it.


Trust me, its good!!!

3 comments:

  1. Finally, a recipe to use up Weetbix bits.
    Thanks heaps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I know.....my kids refuse to use the crumbs that end up in the bottom of the packet,,,normally thats my job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this but really needed the amount of milk to use. I could not determine what 'slightly moist' meant. I used Frosted Mini wheat crumbs, no coconut, dried cranberries, & chopped pecans. It's in the oven now and I hope I didn't use too much milk.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments. Let me know how the recipe turns out if you try it!!!