Monday 17 October 2011

Recipe calls it CANTONESE PORK,,,Kids Call it TASTY PORK STUFF lol


Okay now I know this doesn't look great, it's not necessarily a "pretty" looking meal, but it does have flavour!  Being a slow cooker meal it is so, so easy and takes very little time to prepare.  This is the kind of meal that I love to make during school holidays.

I always get a little nervous when I try out new recipes on the kids, I look at it as I am preparing it, thoughts running through my mind of what I can offer as a back up in case it is a total failure....thankfully the kids have surprised me and loved all the new recipes I have tried so far.  This one was no exception.  My little Shortstuff kept declaring that he didn't think he would like it, but as the aroma started to fill the house as it was cooking he slowly but surely changed his mind and kept asking how long it was until he could try it lol.  Of course serving it up with rice makes it a nice filling meal that even filled the teenagers and men of the house!

Okay here is the recipe.....

TASTY PORK STUFF

1kg pork loin, sliced and diced into bite sized pieces
2 large onions, sliced
1 large green capsicum, cut into strips
1 large carrot, cut julienne style
200 grams mushrooms, sliced
500ml bottle of tomato puree
6 Tablespoons vinegar
Dash of Salt
4 teaspoons Worcestshire Sauce

Place it all in the slow cooker and cook on low for approx 6 hours (depending on your slow cooker).
Serve over hot fluffy rice.

What could be more simple???  I never brown my meat before slow cooking but you can if you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let me know how the recipe turns out if you try it!!!