Monday 19 March 2012

Chewy Chocolate Brownie,,,,,a winner with the Kids!


 Can you believe I have never, not ever in my life, baked Chocolate Brownies?????  I can't.  I remember when I was a kid, growing up reading books based in America and reading about Chocolate Brownies and thinking they must truly be the most divine things ever put on the planet.  I have been a mum for over 17 years now but still, I never baked Chocolate Brownies.  I have never wanted to make the packet variety, they never seemed like the real deal.

Finally in my stash of recipes I came across a "Chewy Chocolate Brownie" recipe.  This recipe I have probably had for a good 10 or more years, but I have never made it, don't ask me why.  Finally last week, I decided to give it a go.  I needed something quick to whip up that would be good with icecream for dessert that night, but also be good enough to keep a couple of days and be used for school lunchboxes.  This did both those things very well.  I didn't get to taste it myself as Hubby and I are on a diet and I was being very well behaved lol, but the kids all loved it and want me to bake another batch this coming weekend, so it must have been pretty good.

CHEWY CHOCOLATE BROWNIE

125 grams Butter, melted
2 cups Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
2 Eggs
1 cup SR Flour
1/2 cup Pecan Nuts, finely chopped (I used Almonds)

Mix the melted butter and sugar, sift in dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Add the remaining ingredients, combine well.
Put into  a greased and floured (or baking paper lined) pan and cook for 30 minutes at 180 degrees.
Cut up into small squares and serve with cream/icecream or they are equally great as a lunch box treat on their own.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let me know how the recipe turns out if you try it!!!