Wednesday 14 September 2011

Chocolate Mousse

Okay now I know there aren't many people around who haven't at some point in their life at least, loved Chocolate Mousse.  I think all kids (well all kids except my little Buddha lol) adore Chocky Mousse.  I have never been one to make it, don't ask me why.  My kids only ever got it when we went out (I know, does that rate me for a "Bad Mother Award??? lol).  But not while going through my treasure trove of recipes, I discovered a fast and easy recipe that was definitely worth a try.  Boy oh boy, am I glad that I gave it a try!!

This Chocolate Mousse is just divine.  It is so creamy and chocolatey it is just simply yummy!  It takes only minutes to prepare and I am sure most chocolate lovers will enjoy this dessert.  I don't have fancy glasses to dish mine up in, I so wish I did but, hey, the kids don't care how it looks!!

CHOCOLATE MOUSSE

2 cups Chocolate Chips
2 cups Thickened Cream
2 eggs
2 teaspoons of Vanilla
Whipped cream to decorate if you wish

Place the Chocolate Chips, Eggs and Vanilla in blender/food processor and chop.



Heat the cream until small bubbles appear around the edge.  *  Do not boil  *



With the blender running, pour in the hot cream.
 Blend until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth (You can leave it a little bit chunkier if you like, my kids like to find little bits of chocolate in it)
Pour into a casserole dish and cover with plastic and chill.



Once chilled beat it with a hand held electric mixer until it thickens to your desired consistency.


Serve with dollops of whipped cream on top (or not lol depending on your taste).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let me know how the recipe turns out if you try it!!!