Wednesday 21 December 2011

White Christmas

This year my Christmas baking is turning into a very last minute type of event,,,,I hate that but I guess sometimes you have to just go with the flow in today's busy world.

On Monday Stinky, Shortstuff and I made up a batch of White Christmas.  Personally I like it with sultanas in it but due to 3 out of the 6 kids hating sultanas we decided to leave them out :(

So if my pictures look like something is missing, you are right lol.  If it wasn't for the fact that if I made another batch with the sultanas in it I would end up eating the majority of it, I would be in the kitchen right now mixing it lol.

So here we have it, our family's White Christmas!  (I apologise for the picture,,,my camera is doing strange things lately!)



WHITE CHRISTMAS
(Recipe is from "The Complete Step-by-Step Christmas Cookbook")


1 cup Dessicated Coconut
1 cup Full Cream Powdered Milk
1 cup Pure Icing Sugar, sifted
1/4 cup Raisins  (I usually use sultanas instead)
1/4 cup Glace Cherries, chopped
1/4 cup chopped Glace Pineapple
1/4 cup Mixed Peel
2 cups Rice Bubbles
250 grams Copha
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence

Place all ingredients (except Copha and vanilla essence) in a large mixing bowl.
Place copha and vanilla essence in a heavy-based saucepan, and heat gently until the Copha melts.
Stir into the dry ingredients.
Continue stirring until well combined.
Press the mixture into a lightly greased lamington tin.
Smooth the top with a spatula.
Chill until firm and cut into fingers.
Store any leftovers in a covered container in the fridge.

Best used within 3-4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let me know how the recipe turns out if you try it!!!