Friday 19 August 2011

Coconut Cake - A really simple cake to make and REALLY REALLY YUMMY!!

This cake is another that is a regular in our house.  It is just so easy to make and I have never had a failure with it yet.  It always comes out moist and it keeps well as I have found out just once lol.  Normally this cake disappears very fast and it doesn't get past the second day, but just once I had sickies in the house and it managed to stay around for 5 days, even on the 5th day it remained moist and fresh.




COCONUT CAKE

1 cup Self Raising Flour
1 cup Dessicated Coconut
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Milk
2 Eggs
3 tablespoons Butter or Margarine - melted
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence

Mix the Flour, Coconut and Sugar together in a large bowl.


Beat the Eggs and Vanilla Essence into the Milk, add to the dry ingredients and mix.



Add the melted butter and beat well.  (I don't use an electric mixer usually, I just beat it in with a whisk or wooden spoon).



Pour into a greased and lined cake tin and bake in moderate oven for 30-35 minutes until golden and cooked in the centre.



Ice with any plain icing you like and top with shredded coconut.

See how long it lasts in your house!!



2 comments:

  1. Looks good, I just made chocolate cake today, but will try this one when that's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks deliciously light and fluffy. Another recipe to add to the 'to do' list. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments. Let me know how the recipe turns out if you try it!!!