Friday 16 March 2012

ANZAC BISCUITS




It has been so long since I last posted a recipe, I just don't know where the year is going!!!  I have a little catching up to do.  I haven't been doing a lot of cooking, well cooking yes, but trying out new recipes or making cooking anything really inspiring or noteworthy, no.  I have decided to go away from the "step by step" photography for my blog.  I will on occasion do it, but generally this will just be the photos of the end result and the recipe, along with a little of my rambling on of course lol.  I made this decision primarily because I am just too lazy and also because my camera isn't that great and I found myself taking ages to get a decent photo, particularly when trying to photograph flour/sugar, batters etc, so it has been put in the too hard basket and I will leave that for the professional bloggers/photographers of this world lol.

Anyway, back to my Anzac Biscuits.  Anything Anzac is Buddha's favourite sweet treat.  He loves Anzac biscuits, slices and cakes.  Usually I whip up a batch of Anzac Slice because it is so quick and easy.  I don't make biscuits that often because they take so much more time, especially in my oven where I can only really use one shelf for baking as the lower shelves will result in burnt offerings!

But this time I had a "new to me" recipe for these biscuits and, well a new recipe just has to be tried out using the recipe for the purpose it was designed for I think.  I couldn't make this into a slice, it had to start out as biscuits!

They were yummy too.  This batch didn't last long in my house,,,,,even the batch that were a little over cooked got eaten, that always means they must have been good!!





ANZAC BISCUITS

2 cups Plain Flour
1 cup Sugar
2 cups Rolled Oats
1 1/2 cups Coconut
3 tablespoons Golden Syrup
250 grams Butter
3 teaspoons Bicarb Soda
4 tablespoons boiling water

Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
Mix flour, sugar, oats and coconut together in a large bowl.
Melt the butter with the golden syrup - you can use a microwave or stove.
Heat until the butter is melted and the mixture bubbles.
Dissolve the bicarb soda in boiling water.
Add to the butter mixture.
Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients.
Mix and roll into small balls.
Place on greased trays, allowing room to spread.
Bake for approx 20 minutes or until golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let me know how the recipe turns out if you try it!!!