Thursday 28 July 2011

ANZAC SLICE


 My son, Mr14 simply loves Anzac anything.  Anzac biscuits, Anzac slice, Anzac cake, it seems if it has the word Anzac in it and it is edible, it will be on his list of favourites.  I used to always make the Anzac Biscuits, but of course, biscuits require you to be close by the oven every 10-15 minutes or so to make sure you don't end up with burnt cookies.  I tend to try to multitask everything, so most days I flit from room to room and with biscuits, I tend to often forget about them if I do that.....whoops!

I can't remember where I found this recipe, I think it was either the Cheapskates website or Essential Baby, but whoever it was that posted it originally, I thank you, my son, in particular, thanks you.  This recipe is so quick and easy to make, and at least you can just throw it in the oven and walk away for 20 minutes, much easier with a busy life.

I have found with this slice that you can undercook it a bit and it will be nice and soft or you can over cook it a little and it will be more like a biscuit.  My son likes the biscuit style so I left mine in the oven for about 25 minutes.

ANZAC SLICE

1 cup Self Raising Flour
1 cup White Sugar
1 cup Oats
1 cup Coconut
150 grams butter, melted
2T Honey (or Golden Syrup)

Place all your dry ingredients into a large bowl.


Melt the butter, add the honey or golden syrup and stir in.


Pour the butter/honey mixture into the dry ingredients and stir in well.
Spread mixture out into a prepared lamington tray or small baking tray.

Bake at 180 degrees for approximately 20 minutes


Allow to cool slightly before slicing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let me know how the recipe turns out if you try it!!!