Monday 8 August 2011

Boiled Chocolate Cake


 I have been wondering whether or not I should post this recipe for the last couple of days.  Its not a bad recipe but it isn't an absolute favourite.  But I figure since most of the kids enjoyed it, there would be other people who enjoy it also.  It certainly is an easy cake to whip up, so that counts for a lot as well, but I don't know, it isn't a "chocolate, chocolate cake" if you know what I mean.  I'm not sure whether more cocoa would make it better or not.  I think next time I make it (yes there will be a next time lol) I may add some chocolate cream in the middle just to give it that little bit more oomph.

This I think could be called "The Chocolate Cake for When You Don't Feel Like Chocolate Cake" lol.  It is such a subtle flavour that it barely rates on the chocolate scale, but having said that the cake itself is nice and moist.  I made this cake about 4 or 5 times now, so that proves that it isn't that bad.  Each time it has only lasted a couple of days so the kids definitely don't hate it.

Ok onto the recipe......


BOILED CHOCOLATE CAKE

1 cup Water
2 teaspoons Cocoa
1 1/2 cups Sugar
2 Eggs
125 grams Butter
1 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
1/2 teaspoon Bicarb Soda

Place sugar, water, butter, cocoa and bicarb soda into a medium sized saucepan and stir over a low heat until the butter has melted. 


 Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.


Remove from heat and leave to cool.


  When mixture has cooled stir in the beaten eggs and Self Raising Flour.  Beat well.


Pour into a greased and lined cake tin and bake in a moderate oven for 1 hour.
Cool in tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.


Ice as you like.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let me know how the recipe turns out if you try it!!!