Wednesday 9 November 2011

CARROT AND PINEAPPLE CAKE - THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!!!



Okay,,,,I think I have found a rival cake for my Anzac Cake.  I tried this cake on the weekend and it is simply yummo!!!  The best part about it is that even though I have a few kids that hate carrots and a couple that absolutely despise pineapple,,,,,,they ALL agreed tht this cake is beautiful!!!!

This mix made enough mixture for 2 log tins and 6 cupcake sized muffins.  The kids have been having a slice in their lunchboxes all week and they have already said that they want me to make another one for next week  (but now I am on a carrot cake roll and next week I want to try another recipe lol!!)





CARROT AND PINEAPPLE CAKE

CAKE
3 Cups Self Raising Flour
2 Cups Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Crushed Pineapple (undrained)
1 cup chopped Walnuts (I used Almonds)
2 cups shredded Carrot
4 Eggs
1 cup Oil
1 cup Cold Water
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence

ICING
90 grams softened Cream Cheese
1/2 cup softened Butter or Margarine
4 cups Icing Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
2-3 teaspoons grated orange rind (I left this out because I didnt' have an orange)
About 3 tablespoons Orange Juice

In a large bowl (this makes alot of mixture so make sure it is a very large bowl!), mix all the cake ingredients together.
Beat together well with a spoon until well mixed.
Grease and flour 2 loaf tins or one 10 inch square tin.
Bake in a moderate oven for 90 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
Cool in tins before turning out.

ICING
Beat all ingredients until the mixture is fluffy and of spreading consistency.
If necessary, stir in a little additional orange juice, 1 teaspoon at a time.


Don't tell the kids what is in the cake until after they have tried it lol!!!  
(I know I am such a mean mother :-)    )

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum, I guess I am going to try this one then!

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a blog! Your kids will absolutely love their recipe book once you have finished :o)

    Just visiting you from Jen R's (let it go) blog, as she shared one of your recipes she had tried out...I love to bake, so looks like we have a common interest there :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments. Let me know how the recipe turns out if you try it!!!