Monday 21 November 2011

CHOCOLATE SELF SAUCING PUDDING - SO EASY TO MAKE!

Okay, I know this is a naughty recipe but it is one that I need to share.  It is a recipe that I have been making for about 20 years now.  I haven't met anyone that has tried it and hasn't liked it,,, (well except for my  chocolate hating son that is lol).



This is quite a rich chocolate recipe and you certainly don't need a huge serve.  I usually serve up one big spoonful per person with a generous scoop of icecream.  The icecream tones down the richness of it and makes it oh so good!!!

Come on, give it a go, just once, it is pretty cheap to make and you don't even need eggs which is perfect if you are like me and frequently run out lol.  Sometimes I even just mix it straight in the casserole dish it is going to bake in (as I did this time), I didn't bother to grease the dish, I just threw the ingredients in and mixed them up.  Some days I have seen enough dishes and I like to cheat and cut down as much as humanly possible!

This recipe was  one I ripped out of a "That's Life" magazine many moons ago.  It was submitted by a Victorian lady by the name of Lauren Handcock, she mentioned she had made it countless times and I can proudly say that I have too.  It is so fast and simple to whip up and can easily be doubled to cater for extras.





CHOCOLATE SELF SAUCING PUDDING

PUDDING
60 grams Butter
1/2 cup Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
3/4 cup Castor Sugar
1 cup Self Raising Flour
1/4 cup Cocoa

SAUCE
2 tablespoons Cocoa
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 1/2 cups Hot Water

Preheat oven to a 180 degrees.
Lightly grease a shallow 4 cup casserole dish with butter (I have been known to skip this and it hasn't caused any problems :-)   )
Heat the butter and milk over a low heat.
Stir until the butter melts, add the Vanilla and mix well.


Sift the Sugar, Flour and Cocoa into a bowl.


Add the butter/milk mixture and beat well with a wooden spoon.
Pour mixture into prepared dish.
Sprinkle cocoa and brown sugar over the surface of the mixture.


Carefully pour the hot water over the top.


Bake for 40-45 minutes in the preheated oven.  (If you double the mixture as I have here, add an extra 15-20 minutes cooking time)  (Also if you double the mixture use a bigger casserole dish than I did lol,,,, mine made a bit of a mess in the oven whoops!,,,,I don't usually double the mix when I make it and I forgot to use the larger dish!!!!)


Instead of icecream, it also tastes great if you sprinkle the pudding with a little icing sugar and accompany it with a dollop of cream topped with a light sprinkle of cinnamon,,,,,YUM!

The single recipe will easily serve 4 people a fairly large serving.  I doubled the recipe this time when I made it as I wanted left overs but out of this casserole dish I have 9 serves of the size you see with the icecream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let me know how the recipe turns out if you try it!!!