Monday 7 November 2011

Ginger Honey Lemon Sauce........so yummy

I apologise for the lack of posts lately.  I have had a bit of a cooking flop period I believe lol.  I have tried quite a few new to me recipes but none have been particularly inspiring at all.  Don't get me wrong, its not like they have been so bad that the dogs have had to step in and save the day lol, but they haven't been recipes that we have gone "Oh that was so good, we have to have that one again" type of things.

Having said that, on the weekend I had a chance to try out 3 new recipes.  One was a cake which was really yummy and I will be posting the recipe for that tomorrow.  Another was a kind of baked custard which, although nice needs a bit of tweaking to make it stand out,,,it was rather bland.  I may make a few alterations and try it again, then maybe it may be worthy of blogging lol.

The third recipe was supposedly a Honey Lemon Chicken.  Well once I began the sauce I just knew it was more like a Ginger Honey Lemon Chicken lol.  I am only posting the recipe for the sauce here.  The part of the recipe for the chicken just didn't really work out.  The chicken looked pretty horrible lol and I sure don't want to put you off making the sauce just because of the look of the chicken on the plate.  Thankfully the meal was edible though and the sauce made it all better!!

If you are a fan of Honey Chicken, Lemon Chicken and/or just enjoy Ginger flavoured things then this one is for you.  Make up your chicken however you would like and then use this over the top or as a dipping sauce it really is quite yummy and very easy to make!!


GINGER HONEY LEMON SAUCE

1/2 Cup Honey
1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
Juice of 1 Lemon (I used 3 tablespoons of juice from a bottle)
5cm piece of Ginger, thinly shredded
2 teaspoons of Cornflour
1 tablespoon Sherry

Put the Honey, Chicken Stock, Lemon Juice and Ginger in a small heavy based saucepan.
Stir to combine, bring slowly to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Mix the cornflour and Sherry thoroughly together to form a smooth mixture.
Add the Sherry mix to the honey/ginger mixture and stir continuously until the mix comes to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer again and allow to cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
Serve with your chicken and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let me know how the recipe turns out if you try it!!!