Tuesday 1 November 2011

APPLE CREAM DONUT BALLS

I know this is yet another sweet recipe but hey, we all need a treat from time to time.  Besides, when I make up treats I'm usually not as rushed as when I make main meals and I usually manage to remember to take a couple of photos lol.


These donut balls which taste really yummy with icecream by the way, are really nice.  Well worth the effort it takes to stand at the deep fryer in order to make up the full recipe.  Truly this recipe gave me about 100 balls.  It took quite a while but it was well worth it according to the family.  They freeze well and I found that simply zapping them in the microwave for about 15 seconds made them lovely and soft.

APPLE CREAM DONUT BALLS

5 Eggs, beaten
2 cups Sugar
1 cup Whipped Cream
1 & 3/4 cups Buttermilk
1 & 1/2 cups grated raw Apples
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
7 cups Flour

Beat the eggs, add the sugar and beat well.
Add the remaining ingredients in the order given.
Drop by teaspoon into hot fat (400 degrees).
Fry till golden brown all over.
(Check to see if they are cooked all the way through with the first couple to better guage the time it takes)
Drain on paper towel.
Serve plain or roll in sugar.

(As you can see our family loves the sugar coated variety,,,,,,we used a mix of icing sugar, granulated sugar and caster sugar with a little cinnamon added)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let me know how the recipe turns out if you try it!!!